Re: Oracle/PostgreSQL incompatibilities

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Oracle/PostgreSQL incompatibilities
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I think he means that you can do this in oracle :

CREATE TABLE test (id NUMBER);

Oracle treats NUMBER as NUMBER(40) I think.
This seems to be an example of Oracle making up standards as they go
along - do we want to copy this sort of thing ?

I usually just run a substitution of NUMBER(..) -> NUMERIC(..) and
NUMBER -> INTEGER when transporting schemas from Oracle to Pg.
(This needs a little care - as NUMBER in Oracle has bigger scale than
INTEGER in Pg)

regards

Mark