Re: Oracle/PostgreSQL incompatibilities

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Oracle/PostgreSQL incompatibilities
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>   + CREATE SCHEMA: Sometimes a schema created in PostgreSQL
>>     disappears if there is nothing in it.
>>

>This is more than a bit hard to believe.  Can you give an example?

We use schema's ALOT in our applications. I have yet to see this happen.

>>   + PostgreSQL does not support the NUMBER keyword without (...)
>>     i.e. something in parenthesis following it.
>>

>Don't follow this one either.  We don't have NUMBER --- are you speaking
>of NUMERIC?  If so, I'm not aware of any context where you're required
>to put a precision on NUMERIC.  Again, may we see an example?

Ditto.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>            regards, tom lane

Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC - S/JDBC
Postgresql support, programming, shared hosting and dedicated hosting.
+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
PostgreSQL.Org - Editor-N-Chief - http://www.postgresql.org