Re: initdb error on windows - urgent, please

От Jarek Lubczyński
Тема Re: initdb error on windows - urgent, please
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 1 Oct 2003 at 22:19, Mailing List wrote:

> >[...]
> > now on W2K and W2003
> > When I try to initialize dbspace using initdb, for example:
> [...]
> > I will get such information:
> [...]
> >     IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed:
> >     Function not
> > implemented
> >
> >     initdb failed.
>

> I think your problem is related to cygwin.
> [...]
> Bye, Chris.

Thanks, Chris. I haven't noticed, that a service named ipc-daemon (displayed as
"Cygwin IPC Daemon") had not been installed at all during PostgreSQL installation
process! So, after creating this service "by hand" using Windows' "sc" utility everything
seems to work.

But the strange thing occurred: yesterday I have installed PostgreSQL on twin-made
computers: the same hardware, the same OS - Win 2003 SE PL installed. The only
difference between them were the Windows serial numbers as my coleaques from our
service dept told me :-). And in the first case installation ended succesfully, but in the
second one problems with initdb ocuured (as described before). Cute, isn't it? :-/.

Thanks again for your help!

PS. Previously I have sent my answer to your priv by mistake, sorry

--
Pozdrawiam
Jarek LubczyÄski

There are 10 kinds of people:
Those who understand binary and those who don't