Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src/backend catalog/index.c comma ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> > Though there has been no discussion like discussion on this
> > item between Tom and me, his code is already there.
> > Is it reasonbale ? As I already mentioned many many times
> > putting back his change should have been the first thing but
> > it wasn't.
>
> You already reverted the first version. I followed full protocol
> in the second version: I posted a design spec and then a proposed
> patch, and I waited what seemed a reasonable length of time for
> comments before committing.

> You do not have the right to expect
> that commits will be held off indefinitely if you don't have the
> time to respond to discussion.

But you were able to tell me when you would commit the
change, weren't you ? In the first place this issue was
started from your mistake and you had to be careful not
to repeat such mistake.

> I should also point out that according to the CVS logs, you have not
> touched the reindex code in nearly two years.  If you were actively
> working on it, I'd surely not have joggled your elbow.

As I already mentioned many times, what you did first was
to disable a functionality. AFAIR Bruce or you always asked
the lists about the meaning when removing a code even if the
code is ancient. As for REINDEX, what you only had to do was
to ask me if the change has no problem.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/

Сообщение: pgsql-server/src backend/nls.mk bin/pg_control ...
Сообщение: pgsql-server/src backend/nls.mk bin/pg_control ...