Re: State of Beta 2

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>I have no doubt that a competent programmer could learn the Postgres
>innards well enough to do the job; as someone pointed out earlier in
>this thread, none of the core committee was born knowing Postgres.
>I do, however, doubt that it can be done in six months if one has
>any significant learning curve to climb up first.

Hello,

  This is a completely reasonable statement. However we have
three full time programmers right now that are fairly familiar with
the internals of PostgreSQL. They are the programmers that
are currently coding our transactional replication engine (which
is going beta in about 3 weeks), plPHP, and also did the work on
S/ODBC, S/JDBC and PgManage.

  I am not going to say that we are neccessarily Tom Lane material ;)
but my programmers are quite good and learning more everyday. They
have been in the guts of PostgreSQL for 9 months straight, 40 hours
a week now.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

>            regards, tom lane

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
The most reliable support for the most reliable Open Source database.