Re: object creation date

От Terry Hampton
Тема Re: object creation date
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
    Hello Marie,

    In most of my tables, I have the same
    two columns:

            lastupdate    TIMESTAMP not null default
                     ('now'::text)::timestamp(8),
          createdate    TIMESTAMP not null default
                     ('now'::text)::timestamp(8)

     "createdate" is only written once,  of course.
    and populates automatically.

     I have created a trigger to automaticaly change
    "lastupdate" every time the record is updated.

    I re-read your question however - and you mention
    *table* creation date.      Do you have tables
    that are created dynamically ?  Could you provide
    a bit more detail ?     How is table creation
    date useful for you ?

        Terry