Re: massive quotes?

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: massive quotes?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>How is that relevant? It's still parseable with parameter placeholders in
>place of literal parameters.

*NO PARSING*
The script must be stuffable into PQexec in total, backend does the rest.

>Presumably \beginliteral \endliteral would be psql's way of specifying
>parameters to ship over as parameters.

Again: not psql, but sql language itself must provide this.

>It probably is, but that's not what I was thinking of. I was thinking it
>wouldn't have to poke around inside the string at all, it would pass it as an
>out-of-band parameter using the new FE protocol.

No out-of-band, because this would require splitting the script in pieces.

>This helps with DBI too, since you can already do that.
>
>$dbh->do("CREATE FUNCTION foo as ? LANGUAGE SQL", $func);

There may be a huge number of CREATE FUNCTION within the same script!

Regards,
Andreas