Re: massive quotes?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: massive quotes?
Дата
Re: massive quotes?  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 07:04:13PM +0200, Andreas Pflug wrote:
>

>>Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>

>>>I assume we never came to a final conclusion on how to do CREATE
>>>FUNCTION without double-quoting.
>>>

>>Many discussions, but no final conclusion in sight, it seems. That
>>\beginliteral stuff is psql centric, where a sql syntax solution is needed.
>>

>Oh, is it?  Didn't people agree that other frontends (pgAdmin,
>phpPgAdmin, etc) have solutions for the problem already?

I think there is agreement that these do. It would still look ugly in a
programmatic interface like JDBC. Not that I use JDBC to set up
functions, but I can imagine someone wanting to. But personally I could
live with a nice enough psql-only fix.

cheers

andrew

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Trouble with error message encoding
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)