Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...

От Christof Petig
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian schrieb:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>>>Hmm, another problem is that I don't think there is a flex port for
>>>MinGW --- at least I remember someone saying they found bison, but not
>>>flex, so if they grab the snapshot, they will not be able to use CVS to
>>>do development and diffs.
>>
>>Actually, if I recall that same thread, one person mentioned downloading a
>>MinGW bison port, and then could build flex no problem using that ...
>>
>>Basically, I agree with Tom ... if we are going to go the extra steps to
>>support Win32, at least the Win32 ppl can do is take the extra steps to
>>build using the same 'restrictions' as the Unix ppl go through ...
>

> Well, the files are in there now --- I might as well just leave them so
> they don't have to go through that.  This MinGW environment is much more
> limited than a Unix environment --- no bison, flex, cvs, or perl.

You should really consider using MSys (the development environment by
one of the MinGW developers). It offers bash,perl,cvs,ssh,libtool,auto*
and more in 3+9MB. I can't imagine porting anything from unix to Windows
without that environment. It should even offer bison+flex.

    Christof

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...