Re: plpgsql doesn't coerce boolean expressions to boolean

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: plpgsql doesn't coerce boolean expressions to boolean
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>Doug McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org> writes:
>

>>I agree with another poster that deprecation in 7.4 and removal in
>>7.5 might make sense.
>>

>How would we "deprecate" it exactly?  Throw a NOTICE?

Good question. A NOTICE just might be ignored, breaking everything
"surprisingly" in 7.5.

To speak a bit more general, how about some sort of "deprecation
checker" setting, if set to true anything marked as deprecated will
throw an error, if false only a notice will be generated. This would
enable users to check their existing stuff for future compatibility
before it's broken in the next release.

Regards,
Andreas

От: Doug McNaught
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql doesn't coerce boolean expressions to boolean
От: Darko Prenosil
Сообщение: Re: pgsql vc++|win32