Re: French translation

От Diogo Biazus
Тема Re: French translation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Francois Suter wrote:

> Unfortunately we are not *that* well organized. We're using mostly
> simple text editors for working with both SGML and PO files and
> haven't yet really given any thought about keeping the translation up
> to date.
>
> Now that starts me thinking. I would say one way to do it would be to
> keep all original (i.e. in English) files that we used for translation
> (it's easy enough to flag them in our CVS repository). Then we would
> from time to time get the latest versions of, say, the manual in SGML
> format and run a script over all files that invokes something like
> diff. Just off the top of my head, that would need digging.
>
> Then again, maybe someone has done something already. Any input from
> other translators?

In the brazilian project we're using only text editors and working on
the SGML files.
When we updated the docs from version 7.2 to 7.3 we checked the changes
manually, but we had only the reference guide translated at that time. I
still don't know how we're gonna make it for the 7.3 -> 7.4 update.
Does anyone knows some other way?

--
Diogo Biazus
diogo@ikono.com.br