Re: French translation

От Francois Suter
Тема Re: French translation
Дата
Re: French translation  (Diogo Biazus <diogo@ikono.com.br>)
Список pgsql-general
> How are you planning to translate the SGML documentation?  More to the
> point, how do you plan to keep the translations up to date?

Unfortunately we are not *that* well organized. We're using mostly
simple text editors for working with both SGML and PO files and haven't
yet really given any thought about keeping the translation up to date.

Now that starts me thinking. I would say one way to do it would be to
keep all original (i.e. in English) files that we used for translation
(it's easy enough to flag them in our CVS repository). Then we would
from time to time get the latest versions of, say, the manual in SGML
format and run a script over all files that invokes something like
diff. Just off the top of my head, that would need digging.

Then again, maybe someone has done something already. Any input from
other translators?

Cheers.

Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco