Re: massive quotes?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: massive quotes?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Considering that someone earlier in this thread was specifically asking
>to put LANGUAGE before the function body (apparently unaware that he
>already could), I doubt we can get away with removing that flexibility.

That was me, and I'm glad to see you can do it. I guess I should read
docs more carefully.

The reason is this: if I'm reading a long file I want a jogger to my
brain at the top of the function saying 'OK now switch into language x'
rather than having to scan to the bottom (which might be out of sight,
even) to find out what I'm reading.

I certainly don't want to lose this.

>>Initially,  I didn't want to suggest an additional
>>keyword like ENDFUNC or ENDAS, but now I do.
>>

>Once you say that, there's not a lot of distance to letting psql do it
>with \beginlit ... \endlit (or some other yet-to-be-chosen names).

It's not very pretty, but I at least could live with it.

cheers

andrew