Re: massive quotes?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: massive quotes?
Дата
Re: massive quotes?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Another problem is that the CREATE FUNCTION syntax doesn't insist on any
>> particular ordering of the attributes;
>>
> This is so at the moment, while all samples use AS .... LANGUAGE. This
> could stay free format if quoted as usual, and require it strict if the
> new format is used.

Considering that someone earlier in this thread was specifically asking
to put LANGUAGE before the function body (apparently unaware that he
already could), I doubt we can get away with removing that flexibility.

> Initially,  I didn't want to suggest an additional
> keyword like ENDFUNC or ENDAS, but now I do.

Once you say that, there's not a lot of distance to letting psql do it
with \beginlit ... \endlit (or some other yet-to-be-chosen names).

Сообщение: Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)
Сообщение: Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)