Re: [HACKERS] What goes into the security doc?

От Dan Langille
Тема Re: [HACKERS] What goes into the security doc?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 30 Aug 2003 at 16:15, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Dan Langille writes:
>
> > I've started.  I'm wondering how much we need to cover here and how
> > much can be delegated to other sections of the documentation.  Before
> > I get very far into this, I want to get some ideas as to what we
> > need.
>
> If you intend this to go into the main documentation, then I think we
> don't need anything, because everything is already documented in its
> proper place.

It has already been decided that we need something.  Hence the
request for someone to write it and my start on the task.

> What you wrote is basically just a summary of various
> system aspects that might have to do with that vague word "security",
> together with pointers to the places where they are documented (which
> reinforces my point).

Your point being that we don't need anything more than we already
have?  That conflicts with what has already been decided.

> Perhaps a "howto" format that you can post on
> techdocs might be more appropriate for you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "for you".

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/