Re: PostgreSQL 7.4 Beta 1 + SSL + Cygwin

От Thomas Swan
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.4 Beta 1 + SSL + Cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/8/2003 5:49 AM, Jason Tishler wrote:

>Carlos,
>
>On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 09:20:01AM +0200, Carlos Guzman Alvarez wrote:
>

>>>I want to know if postgresql 7.4 beta 1 can be configured under
>>>Cygwin with SSL support ??
>>>
>>>If the answer is positive how can i do it ?? or where can i found
>>>documentation about this ( under linux or cygwin :) ) ??
>>>

>>I have found this on PostgreSQL docs :) i have it configured yet.
>>

>Is this just the "--with-openssl" option?  Does it build cleanly under
>Cygwin?  If so, would you like me to include this in the next Cygwin
>PostgreSQL release?

7.4beta1 would not compile under Cygwin with or without SSL.  However,
the CVS tip for 2003/08/20 did compile and run under Cygwin both with
and without SSL.   I had to adjust some path variables to include
cygwin/usr/lib and cygwin/usr/lib/postgresql.  postgresql was configured
with

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-openssl
make
make install

I used ipc-daemon2, and I had to use cygwin.dll v1.5.x.

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres not MySQL"
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Can't find thread on Linux memory overcommit