Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres not MySQL"

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres not MySQL"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

>On 21 Aug 2003 at 9:21, Greg Stark wrote:
>

>>Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:

>>>M$ SQL2000 has (and previous versions had too, I believe)
>>>

>Any pointers to documentation?

No, just looked at the doc and didn't find anything, it's assumed
implicitely at some locations though.
DDL statement will create a Schema Modification lock (Sch-M), i.e. DDL
statements pending in a transaction will lock a table exclusively. After
commit or rollback, schema modification is committed or undone as
expected, I verified this.

Regards,
Andreas

От: Manfred Koizar
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres not MySQL" bullet list
От: Thomas Swan
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 7.4 Beta 1 + SSL + Cygwin