Re: large objects and pg 7.3.x with OpenOffice.org

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: large objects and pg 7.3.x with OpenOffice.org
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Andre Felipe Machado wrote:

> I guess that openoffice escapes the binary file, in order to to
> pass it by value into a SQL statement, as it is recommended for
> bytea and for mysql BLOBs. But pg odbc driver expects raw binary
> file, not escaped one, for longvarbinary. And postgresql/contrib/lo
> also does expect a file name, not a parsed by value.

The problem I see in the log you sent is

    [ODBC][7485][SQLBindParameter.c][186]
        Entry:
            Statement = 0x81e39b0
            Param Number = 2
            Param Type = 1
            C Type = -2 SQL_C_BINARY
            SQL Type = -2 SQL_C_BINARY

OpenOffice is binding SQL_BINARY(SQL_C_BINARY seems a unixODBC's
bug) SQL Type parameter not an SQL_LONGVARBINARY one. Unfortunately
I don't understand the reason.

Though I don't love the *bytea* type, you can turn on
the *bytea as LO* DSN option. *bytea* is only for not
so large objects.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/