Re: getting confused parsing ACLITEMS...

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: getting confused parsing ACLITEMS...
Дата
Re: getting confused parsing ACLITEMS...  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> writes:
>

>>So if you agree that there is a quoting problem,and you don't mind
>>breaking backwards compatibility for it, I'll do a complete patch...
>>

>I don't see any backwards-compatibility issue, because usernames
>containing double quotes just plain don't work in past releases;
>we've never before bothered to have a complete quoting solution
>in ACLs.

Is it useful to allow these special chars at all? Seems this creates a
lot of work, and most admins will probably stick to "normal" user names
anyway.

Regards,
Andreas