Re: DROP TYPE/DROP DOMAIN

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: DROP TYPE/DROP DOMAIN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> writes:
>

>>But should the CREATE DOMAIN manual page refer to DROP TYPE?  Should DROP
>>DOMAIN be able to drop a type?
>>

><shrug> Don't care much about either of those; the current state of
>affairs is fine with me.
>

>>What happens in the future if for some
>>reason we need to add some special case to dropDomain() and the coder
>>neglects to add it to dropType()?
>>

>That would be a bug without regard for any of this discussion, because
>both RemoveDomain and RemoveType are simply user interface routines;
>they do no actual work.  If someone put actual work into either, it'd
>be wrong because it would not get done during a cascaded drop.

While implementing the new ALTER DOMAIN ... OWNER TO stuff, I found that
there's no corresponding command for TYPE (and ALTER DOMAIN will reject
a TYPE). IMHO this should go on TODO for symmetry reasons. And how about
AGGREGATE, CONVERSION, SEQUENCE? (the latter can be changed by ALTER TABLE).

Regards,
Andreas