Re: DROP TYPE/DROP DOMAIN

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: DROP TYPE/DROP DOMAIN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But should the CREATE DOMAIN manual page refer to DROP TYPE?  Should DROP
> DOMAIN be able to drop a type?

<shrug> Don't care much about either of those; the current state of
affairs is fine with me.

> What happens in the future if for some
> reason we need to add some special case to dropDomain() and the coder
> neglects to add it to dropType()?

That would be a bug without regard for any of this discussion, because
both RemoveDomain and RemoveType are simply user interface routines;
they do no actual work.  If someone put actual work into either, it'd
be wrong because it would not get done during a cascaded drop.

Сообщение: Re: Adjustment of spinlock sleep delays
Сообщение: Re: Adjustment of spinlock sleep delays