Re: changes to support logging

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: changes to support logging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I should have said "struct timezone'  instead of 'struct tz' (ain't no
such animal).  But the first argument is a struct timeval *, which has
no reference to a timezone.

Anyway - pointless to argue - I'll make the changes. NULL should work:
the man page says this:
  If  either  tv or tz is null, the corresponding structure is not set

cheers

andrew

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>I've noticed an inconsistency in calls to gettimeofday(): sometimes it
>>is passed a struct tz (which is ignored) as the second argument, and
>>sometimes NULL as the second argument. My understanding is that the
>>second argument is basically useless anyway - on my Linux box man
>>gettimeofday says this:
>>

>You are confusing the second argument with something else (a field in
>the first argument struct).  However, if we're assuming that NULL works
>in some places, we may as well use it everywhere that it makes sense.
>
>            regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: 7.4beta1 build problem on unixware
Сообщение: Re: 7.4beta1 build problem on unixware