time zone on timestamp fields

От maillist
Тема time zone on timestamp fields
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ok me dumb, I've spend copple days editing my table definintions from
Dlm     DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT TEXT 'now'
Dlm = date time last modified to
Dlm     timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

which from my previous post I was told should be
Dlm     timestamptz NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

now some where along the line I expect to get asked what time zone, and
I don't want my stupid programs to have to me time zone aware,  Back in
the good ol days I could use someting like cst5cdt, but I don't think
that will work any more. and since the postgres programers who I am
grateful to, don't want to code this politicly controled stuff either,
their documentation reflects this. and realy this makes no difference to
me either except in one one in october from 2:00 am to 2:00 am. But
before I go back and change the 100 so table defenitions again, and
change the ones I haven't made it to yet could  someone please give me a
quick and dirty explaination as to what I should change it to, and If
you want to elaberate on why, I'll consider it a plus.

    Thanks in advance
    Arno