Re: Solaris, Postgresql and Problems

От Weiping He
Тема Re: Solaris, Postgresql and Problems
Дата
Re: Solaris, Postgresql and Problems  (Errol Neal <errol.neal@enhtech.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Errol Neal wrote:

> Actually Doug, it is not even "dying". I used the incorrect word. It
> is shutting down... Here is a log entry:
>
> LOG:  fast shutdown request
> LOG:  shutting down
> LOG:  database system is shut down
> LOG:  database system was shut down at 2003-07-25 10:54:57 EDT
> LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/909710
> LOG:  redo record is at 0/909710; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
> LOG:  next transaction id: 7898764; next oid: 49906
> LOG:  database system is ready
> LOG:  fast shutdown request
> LOG:  shutting down
> LOG:  database system is shut down

I've ever met  problem alike in solaris 8, and it turns out as Tom suggested
that it's the ctrl-c (SIGTERM) causes the problem. If I'm not guessed worng,
may be you are using the command 'tail -f yourlogfile' to see your log after
the server start up, and then ctrl-c to quit the 'tail', but the signal
would send
to postmaster also and cause it shutdown.

If so, I'll recommend the precedure below to circumvent the problem:

1, login postgresql superuser accound;
2, start postgresql (nohup pg_ctl start blah, blah);
3, exit login
4, re-login with postgresql superuser and 'tail -f yourlogfile' to
monitor it.

but I still searching the reason why solaris would act like that

Don't know if it helps.

regards

Laser

От: Benjamin Jury
Сообщение: Re: How to encrypt data in Postgresql
От: Jonathan Bartlett
Сообщение: Re: Solaris, Postgresql and Problems