Re: How to encrypt data in Postgresql

От Douglas Trainor
Тема Re: How to encrypt data in Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
biguns> psql dados

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

dados=# select encode(digest('texto', 'md5'), 'hex');
              encode
----------------------------------
 62059a74e9330e9dc2f537f712b8797c
(1 row)

Of course, you'd probably have a field instead of 'texto', but you get
the idea.
And you will first need to suck in the contributed code from Marko Kreen
and the WIDE Project, which if you have the source will be in the directory
postgresql-7.3.3/contrib/pgcrypto

There are many variations on how you can use md5.  You could do it in PHP,
or you could do it closer to the database...

    douglas