Re: Replication/Failover/HA solution

От Renney Thomas
Тема Re: Replication/Failover/HA solution
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Does it just slightly depend on java or is the whole package developed
in java.

I generally prefer solutions based on C and C++ because of the
performance advantage and they are nice and compact and can be packaged
up into a nice executable  or  shared library.  I have had very bad
experiences with Java and performance issues - even with JIT. It also
requires a massive JRE to be running on the machine that consumes memory
and cpu cycles like there is no tomorrow.  Java is a nice tool to
replace cobol and to develop payroll and web applications, but I do not
prefer it for core systems development.

Either way I would love to see and test your solution and thanks for
making it available to the public.