Re: Kill Process ERROR !!!

От Terry Hampton
Тема Re: Kill Process ERROR !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
scott.marlowe wrote:

> Please note that this is not necessarily true.  If my server has been up a
> while and I stop/restart the postmaster, it may have a fairly high id
> number and it is quite possible that in x number of days time, the
> children will be created with a wrapped pid which is lower than the
> postmasters.  Just look for the - switches that make it obvious.  In fact,
> this IS currently the case right now on my server:
>
> 13081 ?        S      2:30 /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster
> 13082 ?        S      0:19 postgres: stats buffer process
> 13083 ?        S      0:28 postgres: stats collector process
>  5600 ?        S      0:00 postgres: marlowe phone [local] idle
>
> In this case 13081 is my postmaster.

        Hey Scott,

        Thanks for your input !
        Of course you're correct here with the possibility
        of PID's rolling over - and I considered describing
        exactley what you have here in my original email.

        My original was getting longer than I anticipated,
        so I simply thought to myself "yeah it happens, but
        don't add a bunch more explanation, since the
        scenario is kinda uncommon".

        I should have known better !   This group is too
        sharp to let anything slip through     :-)

        Terry