Re: Efficiency of timestamps

От Martin Foster
Тема Re: Efficiency of timestamps
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Stephan Szabo wrote:

> Well, the reason I asked is to see both whether the estimates for the
> various columns were somewhere near reality (if not, then you may need to
> raise the statistics target for the column) which might affect whether
> it'd consider using a multi-column index for the conditions and sort
> rather than the index scan it was using.

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

I'm going to have to pull out the 'Practical PostgreSQL' book and brush
up on optimizing.   This level of optimization is not something I have
had to deal with in the past.

Also to make this interesting.  The sub-query method is faster at times
and slower in others.   But doing two separate queries and working on
the PostIDNumber field exclusively is always blazingly fast...

     Martin Foster
     Creator/Designer Ethereal Realms
     martin@ethereal-realms.org