Is Postgres broken in Red Hat 9?

От Dragan Matic
Тема Is Postgres broken in Red Hat 9?
Дата
Re: Is Postgres broken in Red Hat 9?  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi, there is a small problem here I have, I would appreciate any
suggestion.

   We were using Postgres 7.2.x  and later 7.3.x under Red Hat 8, and
everything worked fine. Clients are working under windows and are
communicating to Postgres via ODBC.  This weekend we tried to upgrade to
Red Hat 9 (and PG 7.3.3 shipped with it), but we just couldn't connect
to server through ODBC. Postgres starts fine, I can access it through
psql, but we simply can't access it from client machines. It is
configured properly (it should accept tcp/ip connections, and
appropriate rights are given). I simply can't find what is going wrong.
I even trien putting older (Postgres made) rpms, but the problem
persists. Are there any similar experiences, is this a RedHat bug, has
it closed something somehow, or where should I start looking? Tnx.

Dragan