Re: Is Postgres broken in Red Hat 9?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Is Postgres broken in Red Hat 9?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 08 Jul 2003 6:38 pm, Dragan Matic wrote:
> Hi, there is a small problem here I have, I would appreciate any
> suggestion.
>
>    We were using Postgres 7.2.x  and later 7.3.x under Red Hat 8, and
> everything worked fine. Clients are working under windows and are
> communicating to Postgres via ODBC.  This weekend we tried to upgrade to
> Red Hat 9 (and PG 7.3.3 shipped with it), but we just couldn't connect
> to server through ODBC. Postgres starts fine, I can access it through
> psql, but we simply can't access it from client machines. It is
> configured properly (it should accept tcp/ip connections, and
> appropriate rights are given). I simply can't find what is going wrong.
> I even trien putting older (Postgres made) rpms, but the problem
> persists. Are there any similar experiences, is this a RedHat bug, has
> it closed something somehow, or where should I start looking? Tnx.

1. As root, try the following to see if PG is listening:
lsof -i | grep postgres
You should see a postgres process with a TCP connection in (LISTEN) mode.

2. Try the following from another one of your PCs to make sure there's not a
firewall in the way (open a DOS-prompt)
  telnet myPGmachine:5432
Hit return twice and you should see an error message like:
  EFATAL:  invalid length of startup packet

3. Turn on the logging in the ODBC driver settings and see if there's anything
useful there. If nothing leaps out at you, try back here.

HTH
--
  Richard Huxton

Сообщение: Re: Is Postgres broken in Red Hat 9?
Сообщение: Re: Is Postgres broken in Red Hat 9?