Re: exporting data

От Rudi Starcevic
Тема Re: exporting data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I've had to do this several times.
So far I've found no simple answer/way.

This is how I do it.
a) export excel file to tab seperated file.
b) Import complete csv/text file into a table using copy. ( Eg. temp_table )
c) Select from that temp table into new tables to build the new database.
Here's and example script:
INSERT INTO grounds
(
gt_id,
reg_id,
g_name,
g_address1,
g_country,
g_phone,
g_fax,
g_email,
g_url,
g_notes,
g_activities,
g_username,
g_pwd
)
SELECT
1,
1,
name,
location,
'Australia',
phone,
fax,
email_address,
domain_name,
notes,
activities,
'username',
'pwd'

FROM import_temp;

Sometimes SQL is not enough and I use scripts written in PHP or Perl or ColdFusion.

I save all my import scripts. eg. import01.sql, import02.sql, import03.php, so that I can easily reuse them.

Hope this brief response helps.

Cheers
Rudi.

Devi Munandar wrote:
Dear Admin,

Same Problem with Mr.Sidar Lopez Cruz too,but I want to Migration my data from microsoft Excel to Postgresql, there are any possible to Migration..???

best regard,

-devi munandar