Migrating from 7.1 to 7.2 using pg_dump/pg_restore fails - UNICODE error

От Soeren Laursen
Тема Migrating from 7.1 to 7.2 using pg_dump/pg_restore fails - UNICODE error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,

I am upgrading my server 7.1 (a debian potato) to a new server 7.2 (a
debian woody).

On the 7.1 server I had a script that took a backup of my databases
each day using pg_dump:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/vacuumdb -z -h localhost -U postgres $i
>/dev/null 2>&1
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -b -Fc -Z9 $i -h 127.0.0.1 >
"$backup_dir/$katalog/$mappe/postgresql-$i-$timeslot-database.db"

I can restore the *.db files without any problems on the 7.1. But
when I move the *.db files to the 7.2 I get the following error:

pg_restore: ERROR:  copy: line 1, Invalid UNICODE character sequence
found (0xf87665)

It is the same even if I use INSERT instead of COPY. I have no clue
that went wrong?

During a search on the internet I have seen some suggestions where I
can change the *.db file to include an
\encoding UNICODE command but this fails because I use the customer
format I guess.

No need to say that the new database is created with UNICODE
encoding?!

Regards,

Søren Laursen

От: Danilo Costa Viana
Сообщение: Problem after deleting pg_trigger
От: "Gaetano Mendola"
Сообщение: Re: Pls. help me to clarify my doubts.