Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3

От Weiping He
Тема Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martin Marques wrote:

>On Vie 04 Jul 2003 03:52, Weiping He wrote:
>

>>Hi, all,
>>
>>    I've met a wierd problem on a Solaris 8/sparc box with postgresql
>>7.3.3:
>>
>>    the server would automatically shutdown after a period of time of
>>not operating. The log show something like this:
>>
>>    pmdie 2
>>
>>    anybody using this combo ever met this kind of problem?
>>

>I've had (and have actually) PostgreSQL 7.3.x on Solaris/SPARC and never
>saw this problem.
>Comment a bit more about the problem. Configuration? Installed from
>source? etc....
>
>From my point of view PostgreSQL is great, even on Solaris (I have some
>Linux boxes with PG as well).

yes, I install it from the source, compiled using gcc 2.95.3, the locale
should be default
(en_US I think),  the box got 1G ram and 2 cpus, so I don't think there
is any resource
problem (I've set shmmax to about 800M and adjust the postgresql.conf
setting accordingly),
now I'm suspecting the limit of file descriptior which is only 512 on my
box, but, I still
don't know why it would automatically shutdown.

yeah, I also think PostgreSQL is great, but my experience with
PostgreSQL mainly on
linux/bsd/AIX, not so familiar with Solaris...

Any hints?

Thanks for your help

Laser

От: Martin Marques
Сообщение: Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: any body using Solaris8 with postgresql 7.3.3