Re: JDBC project / CVS moving to GBorg ...

От Erik Price
Тема Re: JDBC project / CVS moving to GBorg ...
Дата
Re: JDBC project / CVS moving to GBorg ...  (snpe <snpe@snpe.co.yu>)
Список pgsql-jdbc

Dave Cramer wrote:
> What does everyone think about this?
>
> If it has to move, there are other options besides gborg.
>
> codehaus.org is one, they have all the tools installed already to build
> the driver, and the exposure there may be beneficial.

I'm not familiar with either of those, but as long as the move doesn't
inhibit JDBC development (and I can't imagine that it would), I wouldn't
be concerned either way.  I'm curious why SF.net is not an option,
simply because that is where I've noticed most open source projects are
stored.  And if exposure is a factor, what about java.net?  (I didn't
realize there were any other Postgres JDBC drivers.)

> The opportunity to goto a Maven build exists there too. This is one step
> better than ant.

I understand the benefits of Maven but are a lot of people using it?

> Please feel free to express your opinions on this matter, good or bad.
> This will likely happen in the next 2 weeks regardless.

I am not using a CVS build, so my opinion should be taken with a grain
of salt, but presumably any changes that affect the CVS build will
eventually affect us binary users.

Erik

Сообщение: Re: JDBC project / CVS moving to GBorg ...
Сообщение: Re: JDBC project / CVS moving to GBorg ...