Re: pgAdmin3 feature freeze?

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: pgAdmin3 feature freeze?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Jochem van Dieten wrote:

> Dave Page wrote:
>
>> So people - any more essential features? Shout now or forever hold your
>> peace (well, until the next release anyhoo)!!
>

> Not essential, but I have some further requests:
>
> query dialogue: button to explain analyze

Has been present in query window right from the start!

> double click in tree: give user option to open property page, do
> nothing or view data

DblClk is usually "show properties". The tree interprets this as "open
this node".

> dump/restore
> (Maybe as a plugin that uses pg_dump and pg_restore to reuse the
> existing functionality but has a clickety-click interface.)

I'd like good dump/restore support, but this needs tight backend
integration.
Not realistic for this release.

> Smarter use of connections
> If I connect to a database cluster and the initial database is the
> same as the database I am working in, why would pgAdmin 3 require 2
> different connections?

Will this do any harm? Handling will be much more complicated.

> (On a related note; will the disconnect feature make it into the beta?)

This is to be decided. Do we need disconnect at all? If not, the menus
should disappear.

Regards,
Andreas