Re: Can't get postmaster to start :-(

От deststar
Тема Re: Can't get postmaster to start :-(
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Shmuel A. Kahn wrote:

> Running:
>
>   Win-2K
>   cygwin     - 1.3.22-1
>   postgresql - 7.3.3-1
>   cygipc     - 1.14-1
>
> Install process worked fine. No problem running cyg-ipc (as an
> automatic service). But any attempt to:
>
> postmaster -i -D /usr/share/postgresql/data &
>
> fails with the following message:
>
> IpcSemaphoreInitialize: semctl(id=2, 0, SETVAL, 0) failed: Invalid
> argument
> LOG:  startup process (pid 2472) exited with exit code 1
> LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
>
> What have I forgotten to do :-( ??
>
> Shmuel
> Reinstalling after a break of a year.--
> You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
> Shmuel A. Kahn
> Shmuel@Kam-motion.com

It looks very much as if the ipc-daemon isn't running. Try:
ipc-daemon &
then try starting the postmaster.
The is a postgresql readme in /usr/doc/Cygwin
Also a mailing list:
pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org if you have more trouble.
- Stuart

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Multibyte support and accented characters
От: "Mel Jamero"
Сообщение: Re: Commit within a PL/PGSQL procedure