Re: Multibyte support and accented characters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Multibyte support and accented characters
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Lynna Landstreet <lynna@gallery44.org> writes:
> I just checked and LiveJournal uses UTF-8 encoding. A look at the charset
> pages at w3c.org and ietf.org showed that UTF-8 basically is Unicode.

Well, there's Unicode and Unicode.  UTF-8 is one representation of
Unicode, but there are a couple others (UCS-2 is the most popular
alternative I think).  But Postgres uses UTF-8, so that doesn't seem
to explain your problem.

I'm baffled, and I suspect the people who do know about this don't read
pgsql-novice.  Try asking on pgsql-general, you might find someone with
a clue ;-)