Re: VB Resync

От MRGonzalez
Тема Re: VB Resync
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Thank you, it works.

Now, I have a single ADO control bound to my table "clients".
To add a new record I do this:

adoClients.Recordset.AddNew
... block of sentences ...
adoClients.Recordset.Update

And that works very fine. However when I make some changes
and try to update, it raises an error

adoClients.Recordset.Update

"Row cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been changed since it was last read"

Any Ideas,
Best regards,

MAGO

-------Mensaje original-------

Fecha: Jueves, 12 de Junio de 2003 10:01:52 a.
Asunto: Re: [ODBC] VB Resync

If you're application is designed to run only with PostgreSQL, let PostgreSQL
keep track of the current value of the serial:

dataenvironment.connection.execute "Insert Into Detail (FK, Field1, Field2,
FieldN) select currval('whatever_the_PK\'s_sequence_name'),'" & intData1 &
"','" & intData2 & "','" & intDataN & "');"

HTH