Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark]

От Dennis Gearon
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm not THAT familiar with recent developer history, community, or model for Postgres. I do see two individual's names
aLOT on this listserve, and they really contribute a lot and guide a lot of us.

Bruce is one, and Tom Lane is the other. I think that Postgres's inertia is vulnerable to one of them dying. Hopefully
youtwo guys, that is a long ways away! But I know of a OSS PHP project where the main guy died young in a motorcycle
accident,and the last I heard, there was little progress in the project in a year's time; The project might be dead.

I think that the two main guys should keep a list of their references they use (DB theory, architecture planning,
differentoptimizer theory, etc.), the roadmap for next 1-2 years, anything else that would help the group 'if a bus hit
them'.

But, like I said, I'm not too familiar with the development community itself. I'm just relating to the trend I see here
inthe general list.