Re: Problem with bytea

От Fernando Nasser
Тема Re: Problem with bytea
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Daniel Carlsson wrote:> Hi

> When a fetch binary data from a bytea column the data gets messed up.
>
> Se the attached code, postgresql returns 13744 bytes when it should be only 10000. After studing the output I saw
thatbytes representing common characters are fetched ok but bytes representing unusual characters such as special
swedishcharacters are messed up. Is the binary data somewhere treated as character data? Could something else be the
problem?

I believe it does.  Can you try and make your client encoding the same as your
server encoding and see if the problem goes away?

Fernando

P.S.: I guess you've meant documentid=17 in the line below: