Re: TCP/IP connection

От Dhananjay Mishra
Тема Re: TCP/IP connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for the response. I have all the client IPs added in hba.conf. Also
postgresql.conf and hba.conf both reside inside pgdata(data) directory. which
is used with -D option as data directory while starting the postmaster. So I
do not think it's a problem with authentication. As its giving error " Is the
postmaster running with -i option and accepting TCP/IP connection at port
5432? " And ofcourse  I am restarting the postmaster after each of the changes
tried.

Moreover please note that, I have tried setting tcpip_socket= true  in
postgresl.conf on Solaris and it works just fine. I am having problem with
RedHat only.

comments /suggestions invited.
Thanks
Dhananjay