Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on WinXP

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on WinXP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Nix,

It sounds like you're trying to run the PostgreSQL "Proof of Concept" version, which is getting a bit out-of-date now.

Although it's a little bit more tedious to install, the proper cygwin version is what you really should be looking at
fornow.

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin

Hope that helps.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Maybe this has already been discussed, but here goes. I'm trying to run PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on WinXP Professional. After
sometime I've learned that it must be installed under C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL for Cygwin to work (my default drive
isD).

> When I run "initdb", it starts and when it reaches a point of creating "template1" DB, it - or should I say
postmaster- crashes, saying it failed initialising Semaphores in a procedure Ipc*******. Now, I know that Windows most
likelydoesn't have IPC and that *that* procedure must be some sort of "internal adapter" for different OSes. I'm also
prettysure it works on at least some other Windows OS, but I'd like to have it WinXP.

> Can anyone lend a hand, shed some light,...
>
> Nix.

- Indira Gandhi

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: [Fwd: PostgreSQL to index MEDLINE]
От: "shreedhar"
Сообщение: Query Which is not supposted to list NULLS is listing NULLS also