Re: Restricting database access to certain users

От Renney Thomas
Тема Re: Restricting database access to certain users
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
To make it easier, download pgadmin from pgadmin.postgresql.org. Get the
latest one. Look into creating a schema. You may have created tables in the
public schema. Create a different schema then grant create and usage
permissions to it accordingly. Revoke the same from public.

Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Mon, 26 May 2003, Matt Perry wrote:
>

>>I'm looking into migrating several users from MySQL to Postgres and I'm
>>running into a problem with security.  I don't think I understand how
>>security is handled within postgres.  I'm using PostgreSQL v7.1.3 on a Red
>>Hat 7.2 system.
>>
>>The problem is that there appears to not be a way to prevent users from
>>accessing each other's databases and creating new objects in them.  As a
>>test, I created userB and userB and then created databaseA and databaseB.
>>I then connected to databasea as usera and created a table with one row of
>>data.  I did the same with databaseb and userb.
>>
>>Next, I connected to databasea as userb and created a table.  Sure enough,
>>postgres allowed me to create the table in databasea as userb.  Only userb
>>could access this table.
>>
>>I wish to prevent such a situation.  There doesn't seem to be a way to do
>>so.  I can grant and revoke permissions on tables but not on databases as
>>a whole.
>

> In 7.3 you can pretty much do what you want.  You may want to look into
> upgrading.

Сообщение: Re: Restricting database access to certain users
Сообщение: Re: Restricting database access to certain users