Re: caching query results

От alex b.
Тема Re: caching query results
Дата
Re: caching query results  ("Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk>)
Re: caching query results  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-general
hello dear people without shaved necks!

as many of you have already told me cursors are the way to go - now I know!

there it is, kindly provided my BILL G.:

   BEGIN;
   DECLARE <cursorname> FOR <query>;
   FETCH <number_of_rows> FROM <cursorname>;
   MOVE {FORWARD|BACKWARD} <number_of_rows> IN <cursorname>;

THANK YOU ALL VERY VIEL (much in german)!!!

I will now have to implement session ID's into my CGI's...

oh by the way... lets say a transaction has begun and was never
commited.. what will happen to it?

is there a automatic rollback after a certain time?
or would there be ton's of open transactions?