VARCHAR to TIME

От alex b.
Тема VARCHAR to TIME
Дата
Re: VARCHAR to TIME  (Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net>)
Список pgsql-general
hi,

I have a couple thousand mp3s with all their properties stored in a
table... the songlength is currently saved as varchar... now, after the
database is filled the thought crossed my mind to get the overall
playlength... well, a "sum()" won't work on varchars, obviously...

now, I'd like to port the varchars to the time format.. could someone
give me hints on accomplishing this task?

TIA

  length      | character varying(10)  |

  SELECT length FROM tmp3 ;
  02:11