Re: Creating functions and triggers

От nolan@celery.tssi.com
Тема Re: Creating functions and triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > The initial reason for my post is that I [thought] I saw some talk about writing
> > files as using PL/Perl instead of PL/Sh and I thought PL/Perl did not allow
> > regular users to write files to the file system, no?
>
> I haven't played with PL/Perl myself, but I do believe that there are
> both trusted and untrusted versions of that. Presumably the untrusted
> one would have full access to perl and be able to write to files.

I haven't done file I/O, but I have written a function in plperlu
which connects to another pgsql database, so I think you can probably
do just about anything you want in the untrusted version.

Looking at the replication project(s) is still on my 'to do' list, but
I figure if I have to I can write trigger procedures to implement
master/slave databases.
--
Mike Nolan