Re: pg_dumpall / pg_dump

От Daniel Seichter
Тема Re: pg_dumpall / pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Andrew,

> The most certain way is to do pg_dump in binary mode, and then use the
> catalogue after the fact to import only the target tables.  But on a
> live database, three pg_dump -t statements is certain _not_ to get you
> a consistent snapshot.  (Of course, if the consistency doesn't matter
> in your case, then it makes no difference.)
I dump the tables at a time, were I am sure, that no user is on the database. The dump
is used for another database, that creates a database with only these three tables.

Daniel
--
postgreSQL on Netware - the red elephant
http://postgresql.dseichter.org

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: Database server restartig
От: Shankar K
Сообщение: problems in connection