Re: initdb failure with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 / Cygwin 1.3.22-1 /

От Frank Seesink
Тема Re: initdb failure with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 / Cygwin 1.3.22-1 /
Дата
Re: initdb failure with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 / Cygwin 1.3.22-1 /  (Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net>)
Список pgsql-cygwin
Ok, looks my non-attachment attempt worked.  So I'll repeat something I
asked in private:

I have spent the better part of the afternoon digging back thru the last
4 months of postings.  One thing caught my eye.

Jason, you mention repeatedly about a file

    /tmp/cygipc_0

But I have yet to see that file on XP (where PostgreSQL is NOT working)
_OR_ Windows 2000 (where the exact same install IS working).  All I see
are the /tmp/MultiFile* files.

Is this file you mention still valid now?  And if so, how do you explain
the Windows 2000 box working properly?  I'm confused.

Or does the /tmp/cygipc_0 only show up when postmaster itself is run,
kind of like a PID file or other filelocking mechanism?  Please note I
have only been working thus far with the test command 'ipctest s' and
the 'initdb' command.  I have yet to fire up postgres itself yet.

Сообщение: Re: initdb failure with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 / Cygwin 1.3.22-1 /
Сообщение: Re: initdb failure with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 / Cygwin 1.3.22-1 /