Re: How does PG know when a database is being accessed ?

От Andrew Biagioni
Тема Re: How does PG know when a database is being accessed ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Nick Fankhauser wrote:
It most certainly does.  You sure you don't have new connections coming
in all the time?
Pretty sure- That was my first thought as well, so I checked for stray
processes. I'm in the middle of something else right now, but this evening
I'll see if I can reproduce the problem and supply the details.

-Nick

What happens to me occasionally, is that I open pgAdminII and (in some versions and/or configurations) that opens all the DBs and delete-locks them.  Other times I connect via psql (on a linux box) to the actual DB I'm trying to drop.

In other words, I found that often I'm the culprit myself.  I now check regularly by executing:

$ ps auxwww | grep "^postgres" | grep -v grep | grep [database name]

and that shows me who is connected to the DB.

       Andrew