Re: Problems retrieving data from bytea field

От Barry Lind
Тема Re: Problems retrieving data from bytea field
Дата
RES: Problems retrieving data from bytea field  ("Iran" <iran@isic.com.br>)
RES: Problems retrieving data from bytea field  ("Iran" <iran@isic.com.br>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Iran,

This is a bug in the database server in 7.3.  The server is doing
character set translation on the binary data being returned to the jdbc
client.  This bug was reported a couple of months ago on the
pgsql-hackers mail list.  I don't know if it has been fixed yet.

thanks,
--Barry

Iran wrote:
> Hi. I'm havnig a problem when try to retrieve binary data from a bytea
> field where I'm storing na image (jpg).
>
> First of all, my setup is, RedHat 8.0, PostgreSQL 7.3.2 and I'm trying
> to access this data using the latest JDBC stable driver released (I
> think) which is the pg73jdbc2.jar (I tried with pg73jdbc3.jar too).
>
> The store process occurs nicely, but when I retrieve this data from
> database, it comes corrupted and I invariably got more bytes than I
> stored.
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> Thanx in advance.
>
> iran

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with Large Objects using Postgres 7.2.1
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with Large Objects using Postgres 7.2.1